Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

WIAW twenty- nauseous

I had a very green WIAW this week.  Unfortunately, the green I'm referring to was my face rather than my food.



I've felt rather queasy since about lunchtime, which in my opinion, is the absolute worst.  At any rate, the show must go on!





Breakfast:





Whole wheat pita with homemade hummus, 2% Greek yogurt with honey and fresh strawberries, black coffee.

I guess hummus is kind of a weird breakfast food, but it's what sounded good.  Also, if you aren't making your own hummus, you should.  It's a breeze to make, and is cheaper and tastier than any store brand.  I usually make Ina Garten's version.  You may want to cut back on the lemon/garlic depending on your tastes.

Snacks:




Honey crisp apple, carrot and celery sticks, hummus, orange.

I normally don't get a chance to snap a photo of my work snacks, but today they were still on the table while I was photographing my breakfast.  I ALWAYS bring snacks to work as I become extremely miserable and cranky when I get hungry.  (Ask Mr.greenhorngourmande, he knows!)

Lunch:





Lemon and Caper Spaghetti with Pecorino Romano

Lunch today was leftover from last night's dinner (as per usual).  Although not quite as good as the first time around, it was still delicious and satisfying.  This dish is really quite tasty and takes about 15 minutes to make. Recipe is <<here>>.


Dinner:




Ramen noodles with baby bok choy, green onion, egg, and sriracha.

I don't know about y'all, but when I'm not feeling well the only thing I really want to eat is a bowl of ramen.  Of course in order for ramen to count as food/be lovely is to add in a bunch of "extras."  For me sriracha is always included, as well as some kind of vegetable.  It was a satisfyingly spicy bowl that provided a little comfort to my upset tummy.

Happy hump day, and thanks for stopping by! 


Is there anything worse than an upset stomach?  What's your go to food when you're feeling green?


2 comments:

  1. girl i was sick for this week's wiaw too! feel better soon - i'm with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have had homemade hummus for breakfast before! i think its great for breakfast. i topped my toasted bread with hummus, sprouts and cucumber. so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...