Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

WIAW-twenty 2- I ate a rainbow

Hello fellow WIAWers and random people from google search!





Blogspot users, do you ever look at your 'stats'?  They not only tell you how many visitors you've had, but also where these visitors found your blog.  I've found lately that I've been getting a lot of traffic from google search, and while most of the 'searches' were about food, occasionally someone wound up on my blog while searching for odd phrases such as "things that were that way."  At any rate, I find it pretty interesting.

This Wednesday (Tuesday) I had a veritable rainbow of eats.  I started my day in a highly conventional way with a heaping bowl of whole wheat penne:


What?  You don't eat pasta for breakfast?  Yeah, it's not really the usual for me, but for some reason this morning it was the only thing that sounded good.  As they say, the stomach wants what the stomach wants (or something like that...).

The pasta was leftover from the previous night.  The handsome Mr.greenhorngourmande whipped it up after receiving desperate texts from me before I left work for home.  It was incredibly delicious, and much more colorful than this picture indicates.  It included sauteed portabella strips, broccoli rabe, and red, green, and yellow bell pepper strips.

Snacks today were pretty standard:


Carrot and celery sticks, an apple, an orange, and a banana.  I'm really glad the banana was there, it broke up my oddly color coordinated fruit and veg.


Lunch today was another colorful culinary creation:


Cauliflower and Potato Coconut Curry.

I whipped up this vibrant yellow dish last night in a fit of culinary inspiration.  (Read: I wanted a late night snack.)  I made a giant batch so that Mr. greenhorn would have some lunch, and since I ate my 'lunch' for breakfast, it became my 'new' lunch.


Dinner tonight ended on a pink and green note:


Oven roasted shrimp and cheesy baked spinach and rice.  I absolutely love roasting shrimp.  It's supper easy, unfussy, and works like a charm.

Oven Roasted Shrimp

Ingredients
1 lb of peeled deveined shrimp
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/2 a lemon

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 400F.  On a large baking sheet toss the shrimp, olive oil, salt, pepper, and juice of the lemon. Spread shrimp out in an even layer.  
2.  Bake for 6-8 minutes until shrimp are pink and firm.

Isn't that ridiculously easy?  I got the idea from Ina Garten, although I altered it slightly since I typically don't serve the shrimp with a dipping sauce.


Gratuitous casserole shot:

Ohhhhhhh yeahhhhhh.


Anyway,  thank y'all for stopping by.  Be sure to hop over to Peas and Crayons to see all the other entries, and to say hi to the hostess with the mostest, Jenn.




6 comments:

  1. Coconut curry and shrimp? Sign me up anytime!! You just listed two of my favorite eats of all time,so now i pronounce u my official wiaw hero of the day :) happy wiaw and greetings from austria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pasta enough that I could easily eat it for breakfast!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to know I'm not a total freak!! Hahaha. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Whooooaaa that cauliflower and potato coconut curry looks SO delicious!! And I'm diggin all your fruit-tastic snacks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa. Everything about this post is AWESOME. I've been eating off of a crustless spinach-feta pie all week. It looks quite similar to your casserole there. Do you have that recipe somewhere on your blog?

    I'm really glad that you commented on my blog so that I could find yours. The pork belly is form East Sike King trailer in Austin. Do you live in Austin?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...