Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

WIAW Part !!

This What I Ate Wednesday is brought to you by Monday.

Generally I hate Mondays, as does this monkey.

I also hate monkeys.....



    

Just kidding.


Anyway, this Monday was actually kind of awesome.   Actually that's a bit of an exaggeration... at least I ate pretty well.  

Breakfast:

Potato Cake topped with sauteed Kale and a poached egg.  This weekend was my boyfriend's mother's birthday, and as requested I made pot roast and mashed potatoes.  As everyone knows leftover mashed potatoes are awesome.  However, even more awesomer (not a word, I know) still is slapping those taters into a patty and frying them in bacon grease.  Seriously.  The kale and poached egg are mainly there to make me feel like I had a "balanced breakfast."  Well, and they made it taste really, really, good.


Lunch:

Pumpkin and White Bean Stew with the aforementioned leftover pot roast shredded into it.  Why?  Because I could.


Dinner:

Caramelised Red Onion, Roasted Butternut Squash, Goat Cheese, and Fresh Sage Pizza.  SO FUCKING GOOD.  Granted I love pretty much any kind of pie of the pizza variety, but this one knocked it out of the park.  Will definitely be making again.


All in all I had a vaguely healthy day (lots of veggies!), and it was most definitely delicious.  Can't wait to see what you all have eaten this Wednesday.  Also, recipes coming soon.  That is all. 




1 comment:

  1. Hey, what is the goat cheese squash pizza recipe? plus the potato cake pic looks really good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...